Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Trouble With This Blog

is that I have to be careful what I say. There are things that I'd love to write but I can't because certain people are reading this. It's a pain in the ass to censor myself, but I've learned it's a necessary pain in the ass. Could I keep a diary? Yes, and I probably should again, so that I can write what I need to write without the potential, perhaps inevitable, hurt feelings that would come if I put that stuff into this forum. I love politics, don't you?


I asked my job if I could work from home. They said no. There isn't enough work that I could do out of the office. I'm not surprised. I work part-time, 25 hours, and someone needs to be in the building as a contact person for the department. Oh, and I have to do these damned gallery checks! Plus there's a gallery that needs to be flipped when I get back. During gallery turnaround there is no such thing as a 25 hour work week. I can't bring Tallu with me.

The HR director called to give me the news, then paused and asked "So, will you be returning to work?"

"Yes, I have to."

I did some research about childcare for Tallu. The large childcare down the hill from us has no space for infants. There's a lady who does childcare in her house, but she has one infant, and doesn't like having more than one in her care. Someone has offered to watch her for the next two weeks, but her availability wouldn't work for me.

This last minute scrambling is what I get for putting all my eggs into one basket, and not having a plan B already in place. It's getting down to the wire, and I have to come up with a solution two weeks ago. It just dawned on me that Friday's the 4th of July, so places will be closed. This has to be figured out by the end of tomorrow.

No comments: