Thursday, June 19, 2008

Girl Time

This is the second time I've been away from Tallu and I don't realize how much I miss her until she's ready to nurse. Nursing time is what I call 'girl time'.

Tonight was daddy-daughter night while I went to the nursing panel. I pumped a few days ago, so my husband fed her while I was gone. They played, she napped, woke up, ate again, he played the drum for her. A good time was had by all.

Soon as I got home the letdown happened- I call it "the tingling." It's less painful now, but I'm still getting used to the sensation. Anyhoo- it wasn't time for Milady to eat again, so I pumped out some more milk for later. She didn't appreciate that- she was watching me pump - and she started crying. So, I had to feed her shortly after pumping, which was fine because it was nearing her bedtime. (That's the great thing about breastfeeding, you don't have to wait for your milk to refill.)

When I came home she didn't look excited to see me- I didn't get the big smile she gives her dad. I grumbled about having to feed her right after pumping. But I got to cradle my little chubbykins and watch her eyes slowly droop as she rested her little hand on my side. She nursed for a long time, which I think is her way of letting me know she's happy to see me.

I saw a baby on the bus, sitting up, making noise, and entertaining himself. A year ago I may have thought "Oh, I want one of those." Tonight I watched him and thought "Tallu will be doing all those things soon", and it made me a little sad. She's only two months old, and already I don't want her to grow up :-D

No comments: