Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Doing It In Public

This is a record, four posts in two days!

We're getting better at the breastfeeding thing. How good are we? I can nurse her while walking down the street! The fam went to the Odunde Festival two weeks ago, and during the processing Tallu had to eat. It was wicked hot, she was screaming, so I had to nurse her walking across the South Street Bridge. She ate and no one gawked, until I got back to the stage area.

I was sitting down, nursing Milady (that's one of many things I call Tallu), when my mom said to this little girl "Have you ever seen a baby being breastfed?" I guess the girl said no, cuz my mom tells her to come over. So she does! My mom, who did not breastfed me, is the poster-grandma for breastfeeding :-D I think it's great. My aunt, who asked me to warn her when I was nursing so she could be out of the room, actually sat next to me while Milady was feeding.
My motto is the baby's gotta eat, no matter when, no matter where.

It still hurts occasionally, but I am glad I stuck with it. You guys should see Madame Chubbykins- her face and thighs are so fat! All because of my milk- it's very gratifying.

No comments: