Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Can't Sleep...Rambling

It's 3:26 AM, I've been up for about an hour. The baby was moving, the Braxton Hicks were happening, the bladder was full, and I was feeling gassy. So I'm in the cold study sipping my Raspberry leaf tea and cruising the web.

I'm hungry, but I can't really eat. I missed taking my blood sugar level 2 hrs after din-din (fell asleep). I could take my fasting level now and have a snack. Have I said I hate this GD yet? It's so irritating, all this damned monitoring and food portioning. I'm pregnant, I'm supposed to be able to eat what I want, when I want. *sigh* whatever...must remember the wages of indulgence for me are a hospital birth or a C-section...I'll check myself and have some cottage cheese as a snack.

Just throwing it out there- if any of you wanna get me a post-partum gift: jelly doughnuts...

I received a wonderful compliment on Easter Sunday. Daddy-to-be is taking a samba drumming class on Sundays. We went after church, and since there are no spectators, I stood for two hours playing the agogo (three bells played with drumstick). After class a woman said that I was very strong for being able to stand for so long and keep up. I told her I felt like since no one else was taking a break I couldn't wuss out :-) After watching the ladies at work stare at my stomach and remind me how large it's growing every week I appreciate another woman praising me for taking care of myself. I thanked her for saying what I needed to hear. The months of taking the stairs at work and walking the hills and steps to and from the train station are working!

As you approach B-day ladies, it's important to remember that you are strong. Your body can and will bring this baby out. If it happens you need (or choose) to have a C-section, know that you will heal and all will be well. Don't be discouraged by all that "Oh, you're getting so big now..you're gonna blow any minute now" banter. You're pregnant. The baby is growing. Your body is doing exactly what it's supposed to do. (Can you tell I've been reading Ina May's book? I'm telling you, it's a must-read, even if you're not pregnant!)

Speaking of which, I'm going to draw some blood so I can get some grub. Peace out, y'all...

No comments: