Thursday, March 13, 2008

34 weeks

I'm at week 34, and all is well. The nurse I check in with says my glucose levels are "excellent"....oh shit- I have to prick myself...be right back...yep, still excellent. I am drinking LOTS of water, eating more often and more balanced meals. My midwife says I should continue these eating habits and exercise after birth because of my family's history of Type II diabetes.
She mentioned the awful things that can happen when your diabetes goes unchecked. My paternal grandfather was a diabetic amputee. I'm not interested in that, muchas gracias.

My last two week appointment is March 27, then every week after that until this baby comes shooting out, allegedly on the 24th of April. That's a lovely image, isn't it? It is my joy to entertain you :-)

No comments: