Monday, December 1, 2008

We Survived

The family is back home...
Hold up...

What the fcuk is Gov. Palin doing on television? AARGH! Where's the remote!

Anyway, my family is back home after a four day, four family (and friends) holiday frenzy. Oh lord, what a loong weekend! Tallu saw her three cousins from her dad's side, two of whom are cousins from Wisconsin. She had such a great time watching her cousins, who are 3, 2, and 15 months run and jump and walk and eat and do all that stuff that big kids do. I even let Tallu "chase" her older cousin M- I held her upright and ran behind her cousin M. Both girls got a big kick out of that.

There were more children to see in Queens on Saturday, but they were 10, 6, 5, and 5, so they played amongst themselves. There were also a 2 year old and four month old, so the younger children were passed around among the adults. I don't think there was much interaction between Tallu and the babies there, except the photo ops.

Finally, on Sunday Tallu saw one of her godmothers, had brunch at Tavern on the Green with her aunt and uncle, and met a friend of mine I haven't seen in about seven years. This baby was busy! We are still catching up on sleep, and her sleep pattern is totally off, thanks to the travel. It's 10:40pm and she's still awake. I've been trying to get her to sleep since about 8:30.

The general consensus is that Tallu is a good baby- she is happy, pleasant and rarely cries - and should be earning her college tuition by modeling, right now. She should also be sleeping in a crib, eating solid food, and getting rid of that chesty cough. I apprecitate the compliments, and I wish I could do something about the chesty cough. For now, though, I have to stop this post, because some well-behaved baby is still fighting sleep, and her father's long attempt at walking the hall was to no avail.

No comments: