Tuesday, December 23, 2008

So I'm thinking...

...that I may have made a mistake. The baby's not the mistake, I just got the timing wrong. And I was a fool to think being a stay at home mom was the best thing for the both of us.

It could be the exhaustion talking, the over-exposure of stay-at-home motherhood. It's 3:30pm on Sunday, and I'm hiding in my bedroom, while Tallu and her father hang out. I'm hungry, but I don't want to go into the kitchen, because I'm afraid that she'll see me and want me to come to her. Yes, I am hiding from a nine month old!

This week has been especially hard. Tallu has bitten my teets more times than I'd like to count. She's teething- her top two are coming down. But why does she have to bite me? What did I ever do to her?! She won't take a pacifier to chew. I say no when she bites, and I've even stopped a feeding if she bites me. It's not working. I guess this is the point where all the ladies chime in: "It's time to wean, because it's only going to get worse!"

I need to get away from the baby, I need to get some income, and I need to do this now. Have I said this before?

No comments: