Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Blame Myself, Really

It is 10:39 pm. Tallu is usually deep asleep by now, but tonight we're having a little trouble. I set her down in her bassinet after snoozing in my lap for awhile, and she woke up. My husband just took her for a walk, put her back in the bassinet, but she's not having it. I bet if I had just laid her on the bed she'd still be out, and my husband and I would be in the kitchen savoring triple chocolate ice cream pops.

There are many parents out there who would probably stick their tongues out at me and say: "Well, this is what you get for spoiling your child and letting her sleep in your bed, you lazy, co-sleeping wench!" Damn right I'm lazy! She's sleeping in our room because I am too lazy to get up in the middle of the night to walk down the hall to feed her. You think I wanna go to the foot of the bed to feed her at 3am? Side nursing was the best skill I've mastered thus far. I'm so good, I can now feed her from either boob without having to move her.

Eh, at least she's not screaming. And her dad gets to hold her for a while. That's really why I did it, I knew he wanted some daddy-daughter time.

No comments: