Wednesday, February 6, 2008

More blah blah blah

Ah, work, sweet work...
It's getting more difficult to do. The year is one month old and already we've turned over the galleries about six times. Fortunately I have not had to do much in the installations and de-installations, but Friday was just as bad. My stomach hurt a lot, I didn't have much time to eat, and by the middle of the afternoon my mantra became "When these jackasses send me into pre-term labor I will own this building." There were points in the day where I had to stand still and rub my stomach because of the discomfort at the top of my stomach. It's a little better today, but not much. I contemplated going to the emergency room last night, but it eventually subsided, and the baby is still as active as ever, so I'm trying not to be paranoid. And it very well could be the Braxton-Hicks contractions but because of stress and not having much time to eat at work I feel them more.

"Don't let work stress you." When you work in a department that is understaffed and underappreciated it's very hard to follow that advice (even if you're not pregnant). My boss has suggested that I start working from home, which is extremely tempting. But he's overworked too, so when will we get a chance to sit down and talk about this possibility? I guess in addition to figuring out the baby registry (AARGH!) I have to figure out how to make working from home a reality.

The moral of this story: I dunno. It would be anti-feminist to say marry rich. It would be selfish of me to blame my parents for not being rich so that I could have some cushion of money now (but I do, and have for many years :-) So I guess the moral of the story is suck it up, cuz you just have to work with what you have.

No comments: